Last Updated on October 7, 2021
Did you know that Reddit has more than 36 million user accounts? How about the fact that it receives nearly 200 million unique visitors per month? Are you aware that Reddit users come from more than 200 countries?
You get the point. Reddit, while not often considered one of the top social networking websites, is one of the most powerful online brands you will come across.
A lot of this has to do with the entertainment factor. A lot of it has to do with the ability to connect with users located all over the globe.
Then there are the features that have boosted Reddit to new heights. This includes its popular Ask Me Anything (AMA).
As the name suggests, this is a thread in which the author accepts questions from the audience. You don’t have to be a movie star, sports hero, or well known professional to start an AMA (of course, many of them do). You can be anybody, from any walk of life, to get involved.
The Pros and Cons
If you are considering an AMA, you don’t want to dive into this until you are familiar with both the pros and cons.
- Ability to share your voice with others. As a company or personal brand, this is something you should look forward to.
- Put yourself in position to meet people who share the same thoughts and interests.
- Establish yourself as a thought leader. This is your chance to shine. It is your chance to show your audience that you know your stuff.
- Drum up new business. Some don’t care about this. Others, however, find that they are able to connect with potential customers, thus having a direct impact on their bottom line.
- Fun, fun, and more fun. Let’s face it: Twitter and Facebook can become a bore over time. Reddit, especially an AMA, will keep you on your toes. It doesn’t matter if you are running the thread or participating, you can join in for some good fun.
- If your AMA catches on, you could be overwhelmed with questions. Do you have the time in your schedule to handle everything that comes your way?
- Nobody shows up. Just because you start an AMA doesn’t mean others will participate.
- Your thoughts and answers could be disputed by your audience. This is all part of the process, but it is something you should be ready for. Be sure that you have taken the time to think out your answers.
The Official Reddit AMA App
Not sure if an AMA is right for you? Download the official Reddit AMA app to stay current with what others (such as business competitors) are doing and saying.
With the app, you can discover interviews, vote on those that you like best, get notified of trending AMAs, see answered questions, and much more.
The best way to have a good AMA is to participate in other ones ran by a celebrity or influencer. You can learn by following along with others. Even so, you will never realize the true power until you start your own AMA. Only then can you see what it has to offer.
Are you going to give this a try in the near future? What do you hope to accomplish?
There's more from where that came from...
« Previous Post
Today, we’re going to talk about something a little different. This piece isn’t strictly event management focused – though the advice we’re offering is still inarguably valuable for the…
Next Post »
It’s a basic marketing concept — how you conduct yourself directly impacts how consumers view your brand. In the case of event management, though… things are a little different.