Guerilla marketing is defined as follows:
“A concept of advertisement strategy designed for small businesses to promote their products or services in an unconventional way with little budget to spend. This involves high energy and imagination focusing on grasping the attention of the public in more personal and memorable level.”
As a small business owner, the right guerilla marketing strategy may be all you need to push revenue and profit to the next level. The approach you take may not be the same as the next company, and there is nothing wrong with that. What matters is that you rely on techniques that generate positive results for your business.
If you want to think outside the box in 2016, here are five guerilla marketing strategies you cannot afford to overlook:
1. Turn your building into a billboard. If you own your office building, why not turn it into a giant advertisement? You can use this space to tell others what you do, who you work with, or a general statement about the greatness of your company.
2. Take to the streets. Depending on the type of product or service you sell, you may be able to make up ground by hitting the streets and talking with people. This is particularly effective for companies selling consumer products.
3. Let your car do more than drive you around. Why not “wrap” your vehicle and use it as a rolling advertisement? You may feel funny at first, but soon enough you will realize that it can generate new business. This makes everything better.
4. Hold a demonstration. This is not the right guerilla marketing tactic for every company, but if you have a product that can attract large crowds, it’s an idea to consider. Setup shop in a crowded area, such as a shopping mall, and let others take in the show.
5. Connect with influencers. If you don’t have your own network to leverage, why not connect with those who do? For example, designers are always sending free samples to celebrities and athletes. They realize that one endorsement could go a long way in blowing the top off their business.
The new year is here and the time has come to review your marketing plan. If you have overlooked the power of guerilla marketing in the past, don’t make the same mistake in 2016.
Have you achieved success with any other guerilla marketing strategies? Share your advice below.