I tried to purchase, and it said "Your card does not support this type of purchase." What does that mean?
There are a few different reasons that you might get this response when a payment fails:
- Some debit cards require a PIN to be entered. If you're trying to use one of these cards, you'll need to use another card to make the purchase.
- Some cards have restrictions on cross-border usage. If the card was issued outside of the United States, this might be the problem. In this case, please contact your bank to see if you have this restriction and if they can remove it.
- Some cards (often corporate cards or FSA cards) can only be used for certain business categories, like travel or healthcare. If you think this may be the case for you, please contact your employer to see if it can be removed, or if you can purchase it on a personal credit card and be reimbursed.
Still have questions? Let us know.
- I'd like to test my wall before purchasing (or, before the event day), can I?
- When should I purchase my social wall? The day of the event, or now?
- Does monitoring start immediately after purchase, or on my event days?
- My card keeps getting declined, but I know funds are available. Why?
- What payment methods do you accept?